January 15, 2015

Positive Change

Hey I hope today is going well for you guys. Today was good to me, but yesterday was even better, especially during lunch. As some you some of guys know, I'm a hardcore PeaceJammer. One of the goals to achieve in PeaceJam is to LITERALLY create a positive change in any possible way on this drama filled, yet beautiful planet. And also to present the accomplished idea to the Noble Peace Laureate and our other 250+ PeaceJam friends at the conference in the Spring. Yesterday was the PeaceJam meeting at my high school and we focused on brainstorming ideas on what we're passionate about and what positive ideas we would like to act on before the day of the annual conference. My PeaceJam friends thought of some great ideas in almost every aspect of the key issues, such as showing awareness of LGBTQ, mental health, ending bullying, and so much more.

Mean Stinks

Well one of my ideas that I was extremely passionate and excited to tell at the PeaceJam meeting, had to do with ending bullying and mean behavior. I hope my PeaceJam group plans to have the Secret Mean Stinks Nicest. Tour. Ever. to come to my high school. It's Keenan West, a youth motivational speaker and vocalist, who partnered with Mean Stinks anti-bullying program, that causes this event to be amazing and inspiring. He's planning to come to over 100 schools all across the country and this could be your school. All it takes is one email. If you have witnessed bullying in your school and you hate it so bad that you want to do something about it, then hey this is your calling. Give it a try, you never know this could create a positive difference in your school. Always remember, don't wonder why somebody didn't do anything about it.. YOU are and will ALWAYS be somebody. Words can't describe for my excitement and happiness for this upcoming possible project for my PeaceJam group. I really hope this becomes a reality for my school.


 
 
 
Photos are from the Mean Girls Stinks website


Aspiring Youtuber

Ahhh let's not forget Kiana Mohr. So on Sunday, January 4th, I watched her YouTube video about giving back to the community and striving to make the year 2015 even better. Her video made me happy and inspired me even stronger to do something positive, like give back to my community, that would someday create a chain, like pay it forward. She mentioned few ideas, such as random acts of kindness. I really love how she thought of the idea of creating video challenges every now and then. I'm also excited to see what she had planned for the video challenges and this year. You guys should check her YouTube channel. She's funny and definitely has been living her dreams. Thank you, Kiana, I can't wait to see your next challenge video.

Also check out the collaboration she's a part of with her hilarious and talented friends, First Class Collab.





Quote of the day:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment